Saturday, May 18, 2013

Allergy friendly Restaurant Review: HuHot Mongolian Grill - San Antonio

We really like HuHot Mongolian Grill. We ate there last night, and I feel great today so I know that I wasn't exposed to any dairy. They have all of their allergy information online, and the cooks will clean the grill if you tell them that you have allergies to a food item. They will go and retrieve clean utensils and make sure that your food is kept separate from everyone else's. And the cooks had no problem doing this for me, they didn't seem to mind at all.

The only thing that I would beware of is the sauces are more than likely cross-contaminated, because people are not careful when putting the sauces on, and they spill sauce into other containers. I watched a guy not even try to keep from spilling sauce and he spilt a great deal of another sauce into the 'Not-so-Sweet & Sour' which is not supposed to have any allergens in it (the 'Kung Pao Yow' also does not have any allergens in it), until someone cross-contaminates it anyway. Supposedly you can ask for fresh containers directly out of the fridge, but they were quite busy so I didn't want to bother them with that. If you stick to the oils though you should be okay, as there are no allergens in any of the oils and the oils are away from the sauces.

This is one of the few restaurants in this area that I can eat at and feel safe doing so. And you can completely eat low-carb there!

We love HuHot!

No comments:

Post a Comment